In this article, we will explain how to update license in an existing Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) installation. The steps are version independent. It is same for version SUP 1.5, 2.0 or 2.1 or higher…
Steps to update license in existing SUP Installation :
- Stop the Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) Server : Double click the Stop Unwired Platform shortcut on Desktop
- Copy the generated license (*.lic) file into the licenses directory of Sybase Unwired Platform (as shown in the Figure 1). It is typically under C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer
- Open the Command Prompt : Go to Start -> Run -> type cmd and click Ok.
- Navigate to the bin directory of Sybase Unwired Platform and run the command license.bat (as shown in the Figure 2).
- Command syntax :
license.bat < Product Edition> <License Type> <License Number>,e.g : license.bat ED DT 20ED – Enterprise Developer, DT – Development Test , 20 = number of licensesbin directory is typically under C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer \bin
- Based on the type of license you have purchased, you have to use the right combination of letters when you run the command. Below are the details on How to check and use the command
- The License Type Keyword (ED DT) Highlighted (in Figure 2) is for the Sybase Unwired Platform Enterprise Developer Edition. The same information will be available in your license (*.lic) File (as in Figure 3) You need to validate your license type by checking the in the license file as shown in below Figure 3
- Once the license is updated, start the Sybase Unwired Server by double clicking the Start Unwired Platform shortcut on your Desktop
- Login to the Sybase control Center : Double Click the Sybase Control center(SCC) shortcut in Desktop
- Login to SCC using appropriate credentials
- Select [email protected] (running) in the left hand side and click on Licensing… button in the General Tab
- You should be able to see the empty or extended expiry date (as shown in Figure 4) according to your license.
Image credit : http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/02/06/67/2066799_3cb5cef7.jpg